REPORTS TO: COO
GENERAL SUMMARY: The primary responsibilities of this position is sales of TVRC products and services. These include membership sales, advertising opportunities, and Event & Program sponsorships The individual will implement a personal sales action plan in accordance with the TVRC Strategic Plan and annual budget. They will identify sales opportunities, develop leads, and negotiate contracts. The person in the position should possess a high level of customer service, relationship management, and presentation skills. The team member will work closely with other staff to establish and maintain professional relationships with partner businesses. Advertising sales opportunities will include ads in monthly newsletters, website banners, member profile enhancements, and monthly email blasts. Compensation includes a base salary plus commission on all sales.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of TVRC’s overall mission and how it directly applies to sales objectives.
2) Coordinate with Director, Membership Development, to identify recruiting opportunities for new members and employing a contact strategy.
3) Close the sale with new member sign-ups
4) Assist with the data entry of prospective, new, and current members in the membership database
5) Work together with Director, Marketing & Communications, to completely understand the advertising and website selling option for ads, banners, etc. for effective sales to members.
6) Collaborate with the Directors, Program Development, Marketing & Communications, and COO to develop improvements to the annual event & program sponsorship options and ensure delivery of all benefits.
7) Develop and maintain relationships with existing and potential advertising and sponsorship clients
8) Negotiate and close TVRC event and program sponsorship sales
9) Prepare regular progress reports as assigned.
10) Assist with Chamber events and programs, as directed by the COO. Some early morning and evening hours may be required.
11) Performs other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the COO.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
1) Knowledge of general office practices and procedures, and basic budget process.
2) Knowledge of written communication formats, business English and composition.
3) Knowledge of basic budgeting process.
4) Skill in operating personal computer and latest software/hardware.
5) Skill in planning, organizing and prioritizing, time management
6) Ability to communicate with member contacts in a courteous and professional manner for the sale and member commitment of Chamber non-dues revenue offerings.
7) Interest and inclination to continue job training through various means when called to do so.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (business, marketing, communications, or related field) or equivalent business experience in sales and customer service.
LICENSE: Valid driver's license
The statements herein are intended to describe general nature and level of work performed
Submit your cover letter and resume to: