NW Works Mission:
Our mission is to empower adults with disabilities and individuals with barriers to employment to build skills and secure and sustain meaningful employment.
Job Summary: The IT coordinator must be knowledgeable in software, hardware, and networks. Must be a critical thinker and problem solver with attention to detail. The position requires excellent communication and people skills.
- Develop protocols for the use of IT across departments and projects
- Provide technical support and training for systems and networks
- Install and configure software and hardware (printers, network cards etc.)
- Monitor system and network performance
- Perform troubleshooting, repairs and data restoration
- Performance maintenance activities (e.g. backups)
- Maintain licenses and upgrades
- Provide advice on the most suitable IT software and hardware purchases
- Execute different maintenance activities when needed
- Review and help develop security-related contract documents
- Work with other IT professionals to ensure upholding IT standards
- Track and measure system and network performance
- Research technology improvements and providing information, projected costs for expanded use of technology, and for the on-going monitoring and use of our technological devices/plans
- Establish security protocols and train all personnel in the proper use of these measures
- Perform other ad-hoc projects or tasks as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven experience as IT coordinator or similar role
- Experience in network management and help desk support
- Solid knowledge of IT systems and applications
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair issue
- Microsoft Office
- Google Docs
- Technology needs
- Mobile access
- Wireless LAN Configuration and VOIP system
Minimum Education, Certifications and Experience:
- BS/BA in information technology or computer science is preferred
- Certification (CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+ etc.) is a plus
- Minimum 3-5 years IT experience
This position works in an office environment
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the position’s essential functions.
Physical requirements include:
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds
- Ability to stoop and bend
- Ability to work beyond the normal work schedule
- Ability and use full range of motion.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
NW Works will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
NW Works, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a non-discrimination policy prohibiting discrimination in employment and the provision of services on the basis of the fact or perception of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, marital status, EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled including disability/vets, or AIDS/HIV, height or weight.
NW Works, Inc. strictly follows the guidelines of Executive Order 11246 and our affirmation action plan is available for review upon request.