NW Works Mission:
Our mission is to empower adults with disabilities and individuals with barriers to employment to build skills and secure and sustain meaningful employment.
Under the guidance of the Government Contract Manager the Custodial Worker is responsible for providing janitorial services pursuant to the contract established between USGS and NW Works. Responsibilities include all aspects of the scope of work within the contract. This position is located in Jefferson County, West Virginia.
JOB PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
Consistently exhibits Core Values behaviors set forth in the attached Core Performance Standards.
In collaboration with the Government Contract Manager and the USGS assigned COR, completes cleaning tasks as determined by the contract.
- Maintains the highest quality and customer service standards to ensure that the cleaning tasks are completed on time, within budget, and per contract quality standards.
- Immediately notifies the Government Contract Manager in addition to the USGS COR if/when there is a problem.
- Maintains a safe working environment at the contract site which includes knowledge of the contract’s safety rules and procedures, as well as NW Works policies and protocol.
- Assists in maintaining a safe work environment for all of those involved in the spaces that NW Works is responsible for maintaining.
- Keeps supply closets and other designated work areas orderly and free of debris.
- After proper training, will operate all primary equipment such as automatic floor scrubbers, power vacuums, floor strippers, etc.
- Completes all tasks within the allotted contract schedule and time periods.
- Arrives to work on-time, prepared and with a positive attitude.
- Maintains accurate time records and related documentation and submits paperwork by established deadlines.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of NW Works, both onsite at contract locations, and at any other NW Works site.
- Represents agency standards for dress, grooming and demeanor.
- Accepts and performs other duties as assigned or required.
This job operates in a professional office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
Complete tasks and assignments independently. Work well with co-workers and others. Demonstrate the ability to complete tasks and assignments independently.
Must have a documented disability
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform this position’s essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Physical requirements include:
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds;
- Ability to stoop and bend;
- Ability to stand an entire work day; and,
- Ability to use full range of motion.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
NW Works will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
NW Works, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a non-discrimination policy prohibiting discrimination in employment and the provision of services on the basis of the fact or perception of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, marital status, EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled including disability/vets, or AIDS/HIV, height or weight.
NW Works, Inc. strictly follows the guidelines of Executive Order 11246 and our affirmation action plan is available for your review upon request.