NW Works Mission:
Our mission is to empower adults with disabilities and individuals with barriers to employment to build skills and secure and sustain meaningful employment.
The Custodial Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the in-facility custodial operations and all commercial custodial contracts. The Custodial Supervisor must operate the custodial department in both an effective and efficient manner. The Custodial Supervisor will guarantee that cleaning remains a smooth and efficient process by monitoring employees, client workers and organizing workflows. The Custodial Supervisor must be competent and comprehend complex operations. The Custodial Supervisor should also be able to optimize day-to-day activities while operating within the budget. The Custodial Supervisor will train directly with the Government Contracts Manager to learn the contract oversight.
• Set daily/weekly/monthly objectives and communicate them to employees
• Estimate costs to help prepare budgets
• Operate with in allotted budget
• Oversee and coach employees and client workers
• Understand and complete all Statements of Work (SOW) as outlined for all commercial and government contracts • Responsible for ordering and maintaining all NWW in-house custodial supplies
• Responsible for ordering and maintaining all custodial commercial contract supplies as outlined in the contracts.
• Organize workflow by assigning responsibilities and preparing schedules
• Enforce strict safety guidelines and company standards
• Maintain accurate SDS for NWW and all commercial Contracts.
• Ensure the safe use of equipment and schedule regular maintenance
• Submit reports on performance and progress
• Identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements
• Train employees on how to safely use custodial equipment and cleaning solutions
• Develop and implement client worker custodial training program
• Ensure output meets quality standards • Seek out or suggest new business opportunities
• Fulfill USACE contract daily with minimum 1 client worker daily
• Serve as back up to Government Contracts Manager; as needed.
• Provide coverage for direct reports in their absence
• Provide Client transportation as needed.
• Ability to give direction to direct reports and client workers
• Ability to delegate within custodial department
• Promote a safe work environment in-facility and while representing NW Works in the community
• Collaborate with other departments to provide custodial work opportunities to the clients we serve
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Inventory management
• Proper cleaning procedures
• Time Management
• Record Keeping
• Proper safety procedures
Effective use of Microsoft Office & Google Suite
Minimum Education, Certifications and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• A valid driver’s license and verification of a clean driving record
• Ability to pass Government clearance level needed to fulfill job duties
• 1-year supervisory experience
• 2-years’ experience in custodial or related field Preferred-1-year experience working with individuals with disabilities/barriers to employment
• This position works in an office environment 20%
• This position is in the field 80%
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the position’s essential functions.
Physical requirements include:
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds;
• Ability to stoop and bend;
• Ability to work beyond the normal work schedule
• Ability and use full range of motion.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
NW Works will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. NW Works, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a non-discrimination policy prohibiting discrimination in employment and the provision of services on the basis of the fact or perception of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, marital status, EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled including disability/vets, or AIDS/HIV, height or weight. NW Works, Inc. strictly follows the guidelines of Executive Order 11246 and our affirmation action plan is available for review upon request
NW Works Mission:
"The Top of Virginia Regional Chamber is an incredibly valuable resource for the Shenandoah Valley..." – Adrienne G. Bloss, PhD, Provost, Shenandoah University.