ANNOUNCEMENT: TVRC Programs and Events will take place in alignment with the Forward Virginia Phase 3 plan. Please see our Calendar of Events for specific information.
As COVID-19 continues to impact commerce and communities, we are monitoring the situation and providing useful tools and resources.
The Top of Virginia Regional Chamber and our members are working hard to do all we can to aid all businesses in the Top of Virginia during the COVID-19 crisis. Below you will find a wide array of helpful resources to help you access financial assistance, business support and information your business may need. We know that during times like these, often community businesses and leaders look to the Chamber of Commerce for leadership and support. We will continue to monitor and keep the business community up to date.
TVRC Support Resources
DOLI Emergency Regulations
NOTE: Virginia is the first state in the nation to establish workplace safety coronavirus. If you are an employer with eleven or more employees and jobs classified as medium risk; or an employer with any number of employees and jobs classified as high or very high risk, you must prepare an Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plan and train employees on the practices within 60 days of the effective date of the ETS.
Recovery Resource Center
Financial Information for Businesses
- CARES Act funding available through City of Winchester, Clarke and Frederick County.
- City of Winchester Application: Learn more
- Clarke County Application: Learn more
- Frederick County Application: Learn more
- U.S. Small Business Association: The US Small Business Administration, which is funded through your tax dollars, is here to support your small business success, in good times and in bad. Check out these valuable SBA resources:
- Guide to PP Loan Forgiveness: This guide is designed to help borrowers understand the process by which their loan forgiveness amount will be calculated and the overall approach of the loan forgiveness process.
- Lord Fairfax Small Business Development Center: Your best resource for information on accessing and obtaining Federal loans, grants and assistance, including business counseling.
Helpful Information for Businesses
- Virginia Career Works: Referral Portal a groundbreaking statewide platform that refers individuals to programs that assist them in advancing their career paths and financial independence through training, certification, education and employment services.
- Virginia Employment Commission: Promotes economic growth and stability by delivering and coordinating workforce services.
- Virginia Jobs: Working in State Government Click Here
Help Those in Need in the Top of Virginia
- Bright Futures: Due to school closure, Bright Futures is urgently seeking donations for their breakfast and lunch bags for over 900 students. For more information on necessary items and where to drop off Click Here. Follow Bright Futures on Facebook for continued updates.
- United Way NSV: United Way NSV and Valley Assistance Network (VAN) are closely monitoring the COVID-19 virus and the impact it is having on the Top of Virginia region Click Here. Follow United Way NSV on Facebook for continued updates.
- Valley Assistance Network: VALLEY ASSISTANCE NETWORK (VAN) is a comprehensive Resource & Referral system to help families move from Crisis to Stability.
- Highland Food Pantry: In light of the evolving community health situation, food pantries need our support. Click Here for more information.
- Winchester Rescue Mission: Transforms lives by providing shelter, supportive services, and advocacy to improve and enhance the lives of the poor, powerless and persecuted, to reach their full potential through Christ. Click Here
Get Answers to Medical Questions
- Virginia Health Department: For information on the State's Pandemic Response Strategy and resources provided by the VA Health Department Click Here
- Valley Health: Valley Health has developed a new “Visitor Policy“ to protect the health and safety of their patients. For more information on COVID-19 from Valley Health, click here.
- CDC Center for Disease Control: For all pandemic information Click Here
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: Stay up to date on the outbreak Click Here
- U.S. White House: Resources, updates and what you should know Click Here
- World Heath Organization: Situation reports Click Here