ANNOUNCEMENT: Programs and Events scheduled through June 10, 2020 have been postponed, cancelled or are moving to virtual platforms. Please see our Calendar of Events for specific information.
Updated 4/8/2020 10:30 a.m.
As COVID-19 Coronavirus continues to spread globally, impacting commerce and communities, we are monitoring the situation and want to provide useful tools and resources to you.
TVRC has compiled resources for our Members and their employees on the Coronavirus pandemic response. We know that during times like these, often community businesses and leaders look to the Chamber of Commerce for leadership and support. We will continue to monitor and keep the business community up to date.
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is the infectious disease caused by the most recently discovered coronavirus. The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, tiredness, and dry cough. Some patients may have aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhea. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. Some people become infected but don’t develop any symptoms and don't feel unwell. Most people (about 80%) recover from the disease without needing special treatment. Around 1 out of every 6 people who gets COVID-19 becomes seriously ill and develops difficulty breathing. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like high blood pressure, heart problems or diabetes, are more likely to develop serious illness. People with fever, cough and difficulty breathing should seek medical attention. (Provided by the World Health Organization).
Things to Know Right Now
- Support Top of Virginia restaurants that are offering carry-out and delivery during the pandemic. Click Here
- Job opportunities in the Top of Virginia Click Here
- RFI COVID-19: Personal Protective Supplies Request Click Here
- Become a Virginia Vendor: If you would like to do business with Virginia for the COVID-19 response and are not registered as a vendor Click Here
Helpful Information for Businesses
- SBA Small Business Association: Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Click Here
- VA 30 Day Fund: Forgivable loans for VA Small Businesses Click Here
- Lord Fairfax Small Business Development Center: Support for Virginia entrepreneurs and Small Business Click Here
- Virginia Chamber: COVID-19 Resource Center Website
- U.S. Chamber: Coronavirus Response Toolkit
- Governor Ralph Northam: Up to date information about COVID-19 in Virginia Click Here
- National Business Emergency Operations Center: Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers Click Here
- Virginia Small Business Finance Authority: $10,000 Microloan Program Application and Information
- Virginia Employment Commission: Workers who have been affected by the COVID-19 virus Click Here
Help Those in Need in the Top of Virginia
- Bright Futures: Due to school closure, Bright Futures is urgently seeking donations for their breakfast and lunch bags for over 900 students. For more information on necessary items and where to drop off Click Here. Follow Bright Futures on Facebook for continued updates.
- United Way NSV: United Way NSV and Valley Assistance Network (VAN) are closely monitoring the COVID-19 virus and the impact it is having on the Top of Virginia region Click Here. Follow United Way NSV on Facebook for continued updates.
- Highland Food Pantry: In light of the evolving community health situation, food pantries need our support. Click Here for more information.
- Winchester Rescue Mission: Transforms lives by providing shelter, supportive services, and advocacy to improve and enhance the lives of the poor, powerless and persecuted, to reach their full potential through Christ. Click Here
Get Answers to Medical Questions
- Virginia Health Department: For information on the State's Pandemic Response Strategy and resources provided by the VA Health Department Click Here
- Valley Health: Valley Health has developed a new “Visitor Policy“ to protect the health and safety of their patients. For more information on COVID-19 from Valley Health, click here.
- CDC Center for Disease Control: For all pandemic information Click Here
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: Stay up to date on the outbreak Click Here
- U.S. White House: Resources, updates and what you should know Click Here
- World Heath Organization: Situation reports Click Here